Monday, December 23, 2013

DIY Christmas ornaments

This year I decided to try a different spin on the photo ornaments. I love the classic idea of silhouettes so I decided to give this ago. 
I purchased these round wooden discs at Joanns for .20 each. I brought them home and painted them with paints I already had on hand. I painted the edge a diff color than the rest of the ornament. 
I took a digital profile pic of each of my boys. 
You need some experience in photoshop to convert the photo to a silhouette though.
I used this tutorial to do: http://www.bowerpowerblog.com/2013/02/photoshop-tutorial-making-a-silhouette/

Once I had my silhouettes made, I printed them, cut them out and modge podged them onto my ornaments. 
Lastly, I hot glued a ribbon to the back. I know I love my ornaments I think the grandparents will too. 

I think this is a new tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment