Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Who says you can't eat well? ME!

I have been doing my research these past few weeks between Sunflower Market, Sprouts and King Soopers. And I can tell you from research I have found that Sprouts has the best most competitive prices for fresh produce.

Now I only shop at Kings these days if an item is on sale that beats the other two stores, or I am in dire need and don’t have time to make the trek across town to go to Sprouts.

Today for instance I got these items at Sunflower and Sprouts on my lunch break:(I went were the sales were):

Week of Aug 1 grocery bill:
Bananas .59lb
1Grapes .88lb
1Cantaloupe .88 each
1Cucumbers .50each
4Green pepper .33 each
1Eggplant .88 each
1Artichoke 1.69 each
3Grapefruit .59 each
2Blueberries .88 each
2Strawberries 1.50 each
6 corn .33each
1Chx tenders 3.97 @1.88lb
2Chx thighs 5.24 @50% off sale
Total: 25.95

I price compared @ King Soopers after work and found that what I purchased would have cost me $12 more at KS!

This amt of food should last us at least a week if not two,and its healthy stuff too! If I could get away with only spending $30 a week I’d be saving a ton. I mean typically when I was going to Kings on my weekly trips I was spending $100 each week. I do expect from time to time to spend more when we need  bread, TP or diapers but that is what the coupons are for that I have been clipping! So I highly recommend Sprouts for your weekly deals. And don't forget Wed are double ad savings days. Meaning a new sale starts each Wednesday but they sales overlap on Wed so you can take advantage of double the deals if you plan right!

Sprouts Farmers Markets company logo.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment