Friday, February 24, 2012

Recipes-unique.


I'm so proud of myself, I have done so well at opening up our menu options.
Tonight was Potato, kale and kielbasa casserole.
Sounds not so good but was super good!
I altered the recipe to such:


  • 2 potatoes chopped
  • 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
  • 3/4 cup beef broth
  • 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
  • 1 bunch kale, coarse stems discarded and the leaves washed well
  • 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 1 pound smoked kielbasa, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick pieces
  • 1 large onions, halved lengthwise and sliced thing crosswise

  • I cooked my potatoes and kale in the broth until potatoes were nearly tender.
    While that was boiling/cooking, I started another pan sauteing the butter, onion and kielbasa.
    Once potato mixture was cooked I used my potato masher to mash down kale/potato mixture.
    Place mixture into bottom of baking dish and top with 1 cup cheese,  and then kielbasa onion mixture.
    Top with remaining cheese and pour 1/4 cup of broth that you cooked the potatoes in, onto the baking dish.
    Bake 400 for 20 mins. 
    Super yummy, even Caders loved it!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment