Monday, July 23, 2012

DIY candles?

Ok, so it wasn't my idea.
But for years now Evan has been telling me he wants to make candles with left over candle wax.
So I finally listened and bought him his candle making supplies @ Michael's.
And WOW it was super easy, cheap, and a healthy alternative to the chemical filled
store bought candles.
I purchased the following:


I had some lavendar oil on hand for scent:
We used left over jars from old candles.
I started by popping out the old wick from the existing jar.
filled up the jar with soy wax chips,
melted in microwave in small increments of time to not over cook it.
Once wax was melted I added my new wick to the center of jar
placed in freezer to set and viola.
I added only a touch of lavender to the candle bc I was using
some existing scented wax from the old candle.
I didn't want to make it too powerful in scent.
The box of soy wax was $8.99 @ Michaels and makes serveral candles
depending on the size of your jars.
Keep your eye out for 40% off coupons @ Michaels to get the cost down too!
Happy candle making!


Cheers, Carri

No comments:

Post a Comment