Friday, December 21, 2012

Making memories

A friend of mine posted on FB recently about making memories. It got me thinking about all my childhood memories and family traditions I had as a child. And how we try to incorporate our traditions within our family while creating our own traditions with Cade too. Like how each morning Cade asks for "huggie time" where we all 3 have to hug. It's adorable and melts my heart!
Recently, Cade and I were brushing our teeth and I always put my hand on my hip as I'm brushing. Cade got off his stool, stood next to me and placed his hand on his hip too. It was the cutest thing. But what really got me was when I was a lil girl I used to copy my dad as he leaned his backside against the sink, one leg crossed over the other as we brushed our teeth. For that instance, that moment I felt my dads presence all around me. I felt warm, and happy, with a big grin on my face. Here I was creating new memories with my son, the same memory I had with my dad!
What traditions are you creating or carrying on in your family??
Thanks to my wonderful parents for instilling in me the joy if carrying in family traditions!





No comments:

Post a Comment