Monday, December 23, 2013

Traditions and baking mishaps

When I was little I remember my mom making "paint cookies" with us each year around the holidays. So now that Cade is 4.5 we gave them a go. Cade had so much fun and despite the labor involved with making multiple batches of cookies and rolling out the dough it was a lot of fun. Most people don't know about paint cookies so I thought I would share. 
I just made your basic sugar cookie recipe found online and for the paint you mix evaporated milk and food coloring. You paint the cookies, decorate with sprinkles and then bake. 

Also, this weekend we baked a wine cake, that my friend Shawna from work introduced me to. Although I'm not sure why it's called wine cake bc there is NO wine in it?  There's Vermouth in it though and so I forgot one ingredient (nutmeg) and the cake tasted like Vermouth yuk. So I threw it away and started over. I'll be taking it to a holiday party, hopefully it's yummy now that it's made correctly....
Wine cake: 
1 yellow cake mix 
1 lg vanilla instant pudding mix 
4 eggs
3/4 cup oil
3/4 cup vermouth
1 tsp nutmeg ( DON't forget !)
Bake 375 degrees for 35-40 min 
I USED A BUNDTCAKE PAN AND TOPPED WITH POWDERED SUGAR-
Yummy
HAPPY HOLIDAYS
Xo the Beauprez Family 

No comments:

Post a Comment