Tuesday, August 9, 2011

DIY canvas art for under $20!

Who would think you could make such a great decorative art piece using 3 canvases for under $20?

Last weekend Michael's had their canvases on 50% off plus I had a 20% off your entire purchase coupon. Most the acrylic paints were also on clearance .49 each so that was a steal as well.

So I decided it was time to re vamp the art near our front entry way table. I’m over the pre-framed Van Gogh print. BEFORE:

not bad, but not really my style anymore.


So when I saw this I decided I had to give it a go.
 http://www.flickr.com/photos/little-greene-paint-company/4177017724/sizes/m/in/photostream/


I got a my 5 paint colors and 3 canvases for just $16. This is the finished product, I really like it. It adds some much needed color and looks more original than what was previously there.

Part of me wonders if I could have gone a tad bit larger with the biggest piece but what is done is done. So easy to do too, using painting tape, and your choice of colors, viola! don't you love the green ball under the table too? IDK if its Cade's or Mias ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment